The Oiconomy Pricing Foundation initially developed the concept of preventative costs based sustainability assessment. Founded in 2011, it has developed into the owner and safeguarder of the principles of the approach. Decisions on further development will be made by commission of scientists, working according the original principles.
The goals of the foundation are to:
- contribute internationally to the collection, assessment and dissemination of information regarding the sustainability of materials, products, organisations, countries and processes;
- improve transparency in the supply chain of products regarding aspects of sustainability;
- contribute to the development, maintenance and use of resources and systems to measure and assess all possible aspects of environmental, economic and social damage caused in the life cycle of products and services;
- contribute to the development, maintenance and use of resources and systems for the verification and certification of organizations and products for sustainability;
- develop systems that provide governments, businesses and other institutions with tools for the monetization of sustainability;
- promote research to underpin the above systems;
- manage the intellectual property of the above systems;
- to take decisions on the adaptation of the above systems;
- the foundation is not for profit.
The Board of the foundation can have seven members, and currently has three members:
Associate Professor, Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development, Utrecht University
Senior researcher, Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development, Utrecht University
Associate Professor, Centre for Responsible Organisation Competencies and Sustainability
The Oiconomy Pricing Foundation is registered under Dutch law, KvK nr. 53196147, seated in Driebergen, Netherlands.
Oiconomy Pricing® is registered as trademark at the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property, reg. Nr. 1468337.
The Oiconomy Pricing Foundation is a not-for-pofit organisation. Donations are welcome. Donations can be transferred to the bank account of Stichting Oiconomy Pricing Foundation, IBAN No. NL36 TRIO 03 20 516 490, Triodos Bank, SWIFT code: TRIONL2U